MDH Plant Training has been an accredited CPCS Test Centre for over 10 years and we have an excellent reputation for delivering professional training and testing at our central location in Derby.
We have an extensive knowledge about the CPCS scheme and can provide all the necessary help and advice ensuring you receive the correct information and more importantly, that you are booked onto the right course.
If you lack the required level of operating experience we can offer the necessary training to bring you up to the standard required to enable you to pass the CPCS technical test.
Red Trained Operator Card
How to get a Red Trained Operator Card
To get this card you need to carry out the CPCS technical test The technical test comprises of a theory test and a practical test.
You must achieve the CPCS theory test first (within two years of the CITB Health, Safety and Environment test).
Achieve the CPCS practical test.
With the exception of only a few categories, theory and practical tests are carried out at an accredited CPCS Test Centre – we are based in Derby.
On achievement of the CPCS technical test, MDH Plant Training will apply for your CPCS 2-year red trained operator card.
The CPCS 2-year red trained operator card that may be extended but the card is non-renewable.
How to upgrade a Red Trained Operator Card to a Blue Competent Operator Card
To upgrade you need to:
- Hold a CPCS red trained operator card for the category which is within 12 months of the expiry date
- Pass the relevant CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within two years
- Achieve the SVQ or NVQ with the appropriate units relevant to the category
Please call Mandy on (01332) 676921 or 07957 400284 for all the help, advice and guidance you need.
Categories we can offer
- Crane Supervisor (Lifting Operations)
- Tower Crane
- Appointed Persons
- Dump Truck - Articulated Chassis - All sizes
- Dump Truck - Rigid Chassis - All sizes (tracked)
- Dump Truck - Rigid Chassis - All sizes(wheeled)
- Excavator 180 above 5 tonnes
- Excavator 180 below 5 tonnes
- Excavator 360 above 10 tonnes - Tracked
- Excavator 360 above 10 tonnes - Wheeled
- Excavator 360 below 10 tonnes - Tracked
- Excavator 360 below 10 tonnes - Wheeled
- Forward Tipping Dumper - Tracked
- Forward Tipping Dumper - Wheeled
- Health, Safety & Environment Tested
- Industrial Forklift Truck
- Loader/Securer (non STGO) - LGV
- Lorry Loader - Clamshell Bucket
- Lorry Loader - Hook
- Lorry Loader - Hydraulic Clamp
- M.E.W.P. - Boom - Self Propelled
- M.E.W.P. - Boom - Vehicle Mounted
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform - Scissor
- Plant and Vehicle Marshaller
- Plant Loader/Securer - STGO
- Reach Truck
- Ride on Roller
- Ride-on Roller Load/unloading
- Ride-on Roller Non-operational
- Rough Terrain Forklift/Masted Truck
- Skid Steer Loader
- Slinger/Signaller All Types - All duties
- Suspended loads (Non-rough terrain)
- Telescopic Handler - All sizes exc. 360 Slew
- Tracked boom equipped all sizes Load/unloading
- Tracked boom equipped all sizes Non-operational
- Tracked boom equipped up to 10t Load/unloading
- Tracked boom equipped up to 10t Non-operational
- Tracked boom equipped up to 50t Load/unloading
- Tracked boom equipped up to 50t Non-operational
- Wheeled artic. chassis all sizes Load/unloading
- Wheeled artic. chassis up to15t Load/unload
- Wheeled articulated chassis all sizes Non-op
- Wheeled articulated chassis up to 15t Non-op
- Wheeled Loading Shovel
- Wheeled rigid chassis all sizes Load/unloading
- Wheeled rigid chassis all sizes Non-operational
- Wheeled rigid chassis up to 15t Load/unloading
- Wheeled rigid chassis up to 15t Non-operational
Please call Mandy on 01332 676921 or 07957 400284 for all the help, advice and guidance you need.
Please call us on: 01332 676921 or 07957 400284
Start Your Enquiry
Fill out the details below to start an enquiry:
Have a question?
If you have any questions please call us or fill out our simple enquiry form.