SMSTS - Site Mangement Safety Training Scheme - Refresher
Duration – 2 Days
Who’s the course for?
This course is intended for those who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme Certificate. This certificate has to be renewed every 5-years by attending the SMSTS
2-day refresher course.
Course Aims and Benefits
To give an understanding of delegates’ responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare and current health and safety legislation; including risk assessment.
This course is designed to allow delegates to maintain and update their current health and safety knowledge.
- Current focus of HSE’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
- ·Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM Part 2)
- Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order 2005
- Construction Waste and Site Waste Management Plans