PMSTS - Plant Management Safety Training Scheme
Duration – 5 days
Who’s the course for?
This course is intended for plant managers, plant instructors, plant inspectors, workshop managers, project mangers, agents and persons who are or about to be responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering staff, groups of staff and workforce.
Course Aims and Benefits
This course will help plant managers, instructors, agents and supervisors to manage health and safety on site, in the training area and workshop area in accordance with legal provisions and within the context of their management and supervisory roles. The course will help to develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare and to recognise a safe site that is efficient, economical and productive.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act
- Accident reporting and investigation
- Responsibilities, offences and penalties etc.
- Safety policies
- General health & safety legislation
- First aid at work
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Safety inspections
- Dust hazards and control of fumes
- Work at Height Regulations/Excavations/Power/LOLER
- Buried services
- Control of noise
- Behaviour based safety
- Environmental management
- Dangerouse substances
Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate